Historic bridge in Wallingford. C14 origins, repaired C16, 1646 arches removed and replaced with drawbridges. 1751, four arches rebuilt by Joseph Absolon of Wallingford. Widened and repaired C18, C19. Toll house demolished c.1930. Ashlar stone to north side, with flint cut-waters with stone dressings to left. Banded stone cut-waters to right. Ashlar stone to south side with areas of squared stone and flint chequer to right. 19 arches, 5 cross river. Some arches are ribbed and are probably C15 stonework, possibly re-used.