Photos of Shaw Forest Park (aka Swindon Forest) from 2004. This is a 40 hectare area of reforested former landfill, now buzzing with wildlife.
Photos from the early 1990s of the Whitworth Maltings, Dried Pea Factory and the Station Hotel – all in Midland Road, Wellingborough , and all now demolished.
The Museum is on three floors. It contains family memorabilia, archive material and the works of Richard Jefferies as well as a selection of his books for sale. The attic has been recreated as Richard Jefferies described it in his writing.The gardens and old farm-buildings are in the process of being restored.
Slough Town Hall – originally built in 1937, for the dawn of the town’s status as a Borough – was saved from proposed demolition last year. It is being refurbished as a primary school for 420 students. This followed a strong local campaign, supported amongst others by the Twentieth Century Society and perhaps the ghost […]
According to the Borough council’s website: “The old Brunel bus station closed on the night of 27 May  with the last scheduled departure at 00.16, route 81 to Hounslow. “The new bus station opened on the morning of 28 May  with the first scheduled departure at at 04:48, route 81 to Hounslow. “The […]
The remains of York castle’s keep, originally built in 1245, but missing its interior since an explosion in 1684.
Dorset County Museum is an independent museum owned and managed by the Dorset Natural History and Archaeological Society with financial support from Dorset County Council and West Dorset District Council. Dorset County Museum is an independent museum owned and managed by the Dorset Natural History and Archaeological Society with financial support from Dorset County Council […]