Historic building in Oxford. 1929, by Sir Herbert Baker. Coursed Bladon stone rubble with Chipsham dressings. Stone slate hipped roofs behind balustraded parapets. Ashlar stacks. H-shaped plan, in the C17 style of the region, with great hall in the central range and reading rooms, library and stairs in the west wing; in the forecourt to the north a Classical rotunda with a copper-clad dome and a tetra-style portico, two columns deep. Over the centre of the main range an open cupola.