Historic building in Oxford. Built 1737-49 by the benefaction of Dr John Radcliffe to the designs of James Gibbs; William Townesend and William Smith, or Warwick, being the master-masons. The lower storeys were built in Headington freestone and the upper part in Taynton stone. In 1863 the arches of the ground floor were glazed and a north entrance made with steps up to it. Repaired.