Listing Info Main building
Listing Info Screen to Bodleian Library
Historic building in Oxford. 1711-13 in Headington free stone and patched and restored in Clipsham stone in 1909. Hawksmoor received £100 in 1715 to “gratify” him, presumably in his capacity as overseer. The cost of the building was borne by the University from the profits of Lord Clarendon’s History of the Rebellion”. Screen: early C18. 6 ashlar piers with cornices. Dwarf wall between with wrought-iron screen and wrought-iron gates with overthrow.