Broughton is a small town and civil parish situated on the Roman Ermine Street, in the North Lincolnshire district of Lincolnshire, England. The hamlet of Wressle is part of the parish.
Though considered by many to be a village, it became a town in 1974,although it still has a village hall. At the 2001 Census, the size of Broughton was slightly larger than its neighbour Brigg,which is the traditional market town of the area.
Broughton has extensive woodlands that stretch toward Dragonby, Scunthorpe and Appleby, that were granted by the late Rupert Dixon M.B.E, who placed the land in the control of a trust for its care and maintenance, and to provide public access.
On the outskirts of the town, there is one of the few 4 star hotels in the area and has a 27 hole golf course.
St Mary’s church in the town is thought to date back to the 11th century with major alterations in the 12th, 14th and 17th centuries.
The Broughton Bulletin is a parish newsletter published by the town council most months, and The Broughton Book is a town magazine published every two or three years.
The Baronetcy of Broughton was created 11 December 1660 for Sir Edmund Anderson and became extinct on the death of the 9th Baron, Sir Charles Henry John Anderson, 8 October 1891.
Broughton has grown substantially since the mid-1980s, with new housing developments to the north and northwest of the town.