Historic building near Saffron Walden. 1605-14. Part of a palatial country house. By the Earl of Northampton, John Thorpe and Bernard Janssen, mason. For Thomas Howard. Earl of Suffolk. Reduced in size by two thirds and refurbished later, particularly in 1721 by Sir John Vanburgh, in the 1770’s for Sir John Griffin Griffin by Robert Adam, and in the C19. The house is still large, with much to enjoy in its architectural features and varied collections. It is currently in the stewardship of English Heritage though remains the family seat of the Lords Braybrooke.