Historic building in Abingdon. 1678-1683. Ashlar. By Christopher Kempster, one of Wren’s masons. Woodwork by Avery Hobbs. Two storeys, cellars and attics, with a square staircase tower on the south side. Four bays by two, faced with fine ashlar, Burford stone to impost level of ground floor, mostly Headington stone above. The Hall stands on a stylobate of three steps. Open arcaded Market Hall on ground floor, Sessions Hall on the first floor lighted by arched window in each bay. In the care of English Heritage.